Sunday, November 24, 2013

The "newlyweds"


When I was a young girl, my great grandmother Anne once gave me the very wise advice of trying to get married before my "X's cross". By this she meant that as I was getting older my desirability would decrease and my picky-ness would increase. The goal is get yourself a husband before the lines intersect. Thanks to Bradley David Cahoon, I'm happy to say that I've made my great grandmother proud and found myself a dude to marry. I am officially a "Newlywed".  Now, having lived in Provo, Ut for the last 8 years, the term "newlywed' is one close to my heart, and ready on my lips.
Brad proposed to me in a gazebo (as I had always wanted thanks to Anne of Green Gables) at the end of a pier in the middle of a lake in Heber Utah. It was a complete and total surprise. Brad also hired a secret photographer to document the entire thing. 

After calling both our families (I'm proud to say that all 5 of my calls were welcomed with a literal scream of excitement) It was time for wedding planning. Having been a bridesmaid 4 times and the last of  5 daughters to be married, I thought I had it under control. Nope.  Now I understand why brides go a little crazy planning their weddings. Thank goodness for moms. Wedding planning and torture were fairly synonymous for brad; and if it were up to him we would have probably eloped, looking back I can see its merit...
After 3 long months, THE day finally arrived! Sept 21, 2013 "The Cahoons," were established. The day was perfect. My parents, every single one of my sisters and my amazing in-laws surrounded me in the Redlands Ca temple where Brad and I were sealed for time and all eternity. The wedding reception was exactly how I had always hoped it would be. I like to call it bohemian/carnival chic. I think my favorite thing about it was the donut tower in place of a wedding cake, and the chocolate milk on tap instead of an open bar :) 
Another beloved word for all newlyweds, is "honeymooners". Yet another label I was happy to tape to my chest! We spent an amazingly beautiful week on a cruise to the Bahamas. Worth. Every. Cent. Mostly because we went during hurricane season and got a screamin' deal. I'll admit that I was probably annoyingly wary about the natives though. It was my first time out of the country and I was slightly distrusting. :)



So here I am. From Kelly Brooke O'Reilly, now Kelly O'Reilly Cahoon.  Former single menace to society, recent honeymooner, and NEWLYWED.

No comments:

Post a Comment